Waterway Access and Lift Capabilities
The river approach channel to the shipyard can accommodate vessels up to nine hundred fifty (950) feet in length and one hundred fifty (150) foot beam. Pier Number 5 at our facility is a full service, nine hundred (900) feet in length pier with an average water depth of thirty (30) feet measured at mean low tide.
Dry Docks / Railway's /Piers
The river approach channel is 32' at low tide. Colonna's Shipyard can accommodate vessels up to nine hundred fifty (950) feet in length and one hundred fifty (150) foot beam with a draft of 29'. Pier Number 5 at our facility is a full service, nine hundred (900) feet in length pier with an average water depth of thirty (30) feet measured at mean low tide.
400 East Indian River Road Norfolk, Virginia 23523 USA
Our facility provides our customers the most efficient and cost effective lay out of pier space, drydock, railway, support shops, boat yard and administrative offices in a single and well-equipped location.
The Colonna's facility is ideally located approximately two (2) miles from the Norfolk Naval Shipyard and ten (10) miles from U.S. Naval Station, Norfolk, VA. Colonna's occupies seventy (70) acres of land, with water access to over three thousand (3,000) feet of vessel/boat berthing space and lift capacity to accommodate all vessels up to 850' in length, 89' wide and depth of 29'.
Colonna's Shipyard, Inc. has a fully secured perimeter, fenced, with lockable gates, and an armed, 24 hour securityforce in place. Colonna's owns all equipment, tools, and infrastructure support.
Colonna's Crane Services
Type of Lift Equipment Capacity Location
Manitowoc Crawler Crane (1)230 Ton In Plant Mobile
Colonna's General Facilities Capabilities
The following outlines our general shop arrangements and capabilities. Colonna's has the capabilities and facility capacity available in plant today to execute all elements of customer support tasking. The following is a brief synopsis outlining our shop facilities:
Our highly skilled Ship Fitter Shop personnel are proficient in use of tools and equipment such as come-alongs, hydraulic jacks, wedges, dogs, speed wrenches, spiders, planers, saws, chain falls, band saw, turnbuckles, grinders, shears, press brakes, plate roller, bending machines, and operation of forklifts to perform functions inherent to the job. They are capable of developing templates from lofting or in position onboard vessels. They are also proficient in the following:
· Capable of repairing, installing, and fabricating parts from steel and aluminum
· Proficient in the layout of work from detailed working drawings, and all testing and inspections.
· Capable of template making, fabrication, and installation of complex ventilation systems
· Physical assembly, prefabrication, and erection of individual structural elements or prefabricated panels and three dimensional sub assemblies
· Overhead bridge crane (20 ton) Span (75 feet), Distance under hook (30 feet)
· Overhead bridge crane (10 ton) Span (40 feet), Distance under hook (27 feet)
· JIB Cranes total (6) electric (2 ton), Swing (24 feet), Under JIB (15 feet)
· Electrical Service (2000 Amp 480 Volt)
· Utilities including: compressed air, H20, oxygen and acetylene, argon and CO2, and natural gas.
· Die-threading of pipes
· Pipe bending
· Assembling of pipes and flanges by welding, brazing and swaging
· Cut pipes with oxy-acetylene torches and pipe-cutting machines
· Conduct standard Shop Computations relating to flow, pressure, and pipe size requirements
· Test and inspection
The Pipe Shop has the capability to work with steel, aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, copper and copper-nickel. General Pipe capabilities include:
· Capability to cut 20" diameter pipe
· Bend up to 4" diameter pipe
· Threading pipe from ½" to 4" diameter
· Carbon Steel to Carbon Steel
· Carbon Steel to Stainless Steel
· Clad Welding of Manganese Bronze
· Copper Nickel to Copper Nickel
· Aluminum and Stainless Steel
· Copper Nickel to Carbon Steel
· Consumable Insert Carbon Steel
· Chromium-Molybdenum Alloy Steel
· P2 Piping Open Butt Joint
· Shaft Weld Repairs
· Clad Welding Hard Surfacing
· Copper Nickel to Nickel Base Alloys
· Stainless Steel Overlay on Carbon Steel
· Stud Automatic Timed Arc
· Ceramic REFRAC-T-Back Tape
Specialize training and experience of shop personnel include Certification and Qualification to weld in accordance with Department of Defense, NAVSEA, ABS, USCG, and AWS certification requirements. Our qualified welding processes include: FCAW, GMAW, GMAWS, GTAW, SAW, SMAW, and SW. A staff of NDT inspectors reporting separately to the QA staff who perform both shop and shipboard quality inspections augments the shop.
Colonna's Shipyard, Inc is a full service ship service and boat repair facility, holding a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) and Agreement for Boat Repair (ABR).
Colonna's Shipyard is prepared and capable.
Colonna's Shipyard is prepared and capable. Our facilities will accomodate vessels up to 850', 89' wide and depth of 29'. Colonna's occupies over 70 (seventy) acres of land, with water access to over three thousand (3,000) feet of vessel/boat berthing space.