Meet our Senior Management:
- Tom GodfreyPresident and CEOJoining Colonna’s in 1981, and President & CEO since 1993, Tom Godfrey is a marine industry executive with extensive experience in the transportation industry, as well as vessel operations and shipyard management. His business background includes construction, manufacturing and service industry experience with extensive knowledge in the areas of contracting, business development, operations, finance, project management, risk management, labor relations and strategic planning. Tom’s past industry leadership roles include Chairman of the Shipbuilders Council of America, Chairman of the Virginia Ship Repair Association and President, Virginia Maritime Association.
- Steve WalkerExecutive Vice President, OperationsSteve is a marine industry executive with over 40 years’ experience. He is a graduate of the Maine Maritime Academy with a degree in Marine Engineering and has been the EVP of Operations at Colonna’s since 2002. Steve came to Colonna’s with a wide range of experience in vessel repair and new construction for both military and commercial customers. He has held a wide range of positions in shipyards on the east and gulf coasts both in production and Quality Assurance. Steve is responsible for production, facilities/maintenance and the Material Department. He is involved with Colonna’s commitment to workforce development and is active in our Apprentice Program.
- Ken MebaneVice President, Steel AmericaAs Vice President of Colonna’s Steel America division, Ken is responsible for all operations of Steel America, to include the Machining and Fabrication Departments, engineering, purchasing, and facility maintenance. He has nearly 40 years of production and facility experience in shipyard operations and has been with Colonna’s for over 37 years following his tenure at Newport News Shipbuilding. Ken has worked diligently to grow Steel America through a consistent commitment to improved productivity, employee morale, and expanding the capabilities of Steel America.
- Rebecca Wieters, CPAVice President and CFORebecca was appointed CFO of Colonna’s Shipyard, Inc. in April 2012, and promoted to Vice President/CFO in 2017. Rebecca has more than twenty years of experience in financial planning, control, and management, and private accounting practice leadership experience. Her specializations include internal control and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance. Prior to joining CSI, she was the Operations Controller of AMSEC, LLC in Virginia Beach. Previously, Rebecca held positions as Controller at Dynamic Engineering and Assistant Controller at Industrial Marine Services. She is a graduate of the University of Virginia.
- Bob BoydVice President, Strategic Growth and DevelopmentBob joined the leadership team of Colonna’s in 2016. Previously, he enjoyed a 36 year career in banking, most recently as Hampton Roads Regional President for BB&T. His focus is pursuing the growth of the Colonna’s enterprise through continued efforts to expand the company’s diverse but complimentary lines of business. Bob has been active in various business, community and charitable organizations including the Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance, Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, United Way of South Hampton Roads, Virginia Arts Festival and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.