Colonna’s Apprenticeship Program
About the Apprenticeship Program:
Colonna’s Apprenticeship is a registered four-year program that combines classroom/college level instruction with on-the-job training under the guidance of experienced educators, skilled tradespeople, and industry leaders.
This opportunity allows emerging professionals to earn while they learn and join the next generation of skilled craft workers!
For questions or additional information about the program, please contact us at Talent@ColonnaShip.com.
We offer apprenticeship opportunities in multiple trades pathways, to include:
- Crane & Rigging
- Marine Electrician
- Structural/Fabrication Welder
- Structural Fitter
- Inside Machinist
- Outside Machinist
- Marine Painter
- Marine Pipefitter
- Gas Free Technician
- Dock Mechanic
- Quality Assurance
Program Basic Qualifications:
- Must be a United States Citizen and at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug and physical screening.
- Must successfully pass a background check and be able to obtain/maintain access credentials, to include DBIDS (for various base and shipyard accesses).
- Must demonstrate a reasonable amount of mechanical aptitude as well as college-level readiness for Math and English coursework.
Apprenticeship Selection Process:
- Candidate applications screened and most qualified are invited to an onsite Information Session
- Individual and panel interviews completed
- Selected candidates complete pre-employment screening processes
- Start of employment & training coursework